Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More Updates on the Baby! It's a Girl!

Well - I know I said I was jumping back on the blogging thing - and that was in December. I think I have that pregnancy - losing your memory thing...Okay, so I guess you can't get that if you're not really the one who's pregnant, but whatever. I'm also blaming my current figure on baby weight, so I'm making up my own rules here! :)
Here's a picture of the baby during the last ultrasound - getting big!..and for anyone who hasn't already heard, It's a Girl!

Well - since the last post, a lot has happened. Cameron's mom, Kathi, passed away on January 19th. 2007 was a tough year and I think that while her death was a tragic loss, it has also brought a bit of closure to Cameron and his family. I hope they continue to heal and feel better and better this year. We like to think that she is there, spending time with our little one before she is sent here to earth to be with us. Kathi was a wonderful grandma to her grandchildren, so I'm sure she's continuing to nurture her grandchildren now. We love Kathi and miss her - but we know that she is happy now.






(This picture is of the baby's little legs! Aren't they cute?!)
The day before Kathi's funeral was the date of the ultrasound of our baby, in Utah. We had been invited by the birth mother to be there and we thought it was an important step in the progress of the relationship with our birth mom. So, even though it couldn't have come during a worse week, we flew up there for just one day. We went to the ultrasound, met our birth mom and birth dad and both their families. What nice families they are! We feel very fortunate to have them as our birth-parents. I know everyone's been wondering - and no, they don't look anything like us! Both are dark hair and dark eyes - but both are very cute! I'm sure our baby will be adorable. We found out that the baby looks great, is progressing as she should be and that she is a girl! How exciting! We spent some time with the birth parents, took them out to lunch and visited. Then, we visited with my grandma and grandpa for an hour or two and jumped on a flight to head back home. It was a whirlwind of a day, but one that we will never forget, I'm sure!
(This picture is of all the baby's clothes - Hey, a girl can never have too many clothes!!)


So - we are currently getting the baby's room ready - well, it's painted and we have the crib (although it isn't assembled yet). We have her car seat and piles of clothes - as you can see, I have them laid out on the guest bed right now, waiting for her closet to be ready to put them in! We've still got almost 3 months before she is born, so I think we'll be ready by then!
















I bought the baby this cute little outfit last week for this summer...It has strawberries on the dress and on the little sun-hat. It's so cute!


Here is Junior in the baby's room - he is not allowed in there...I'm trying to teach him to stay out of that room for when the baby arrives. So - of course, that room is exactly where he always wants to be. When I went in there yesterday to take these pictures, he ran right in, laid down next to the baby's shoes and wouldn't get back up. He just stared at me like I was an idiot and pouted evertime I tried to tell him to get out of the room. Oh boy - we may have a jealous sibling thing going on here! Ha, ha.

6 comments:

left coast jorgs said...

Congratulations Cuz's!! You must be so excited. I hope all continues to go well for you guys.

Jamie(Stapley) Jorgensen

Heidi Joncas said...

She is going to be one well dressed little girl!! Girl clothes are so dang cute!

Jess said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am sooo excited for you guys!!!!

Biddle Family said...

so exciting! can't wait to see her.. by the way.. I want to be your daughter.. look at all those clothes!

Davis Family said...

Jenny- I got a link to the Hada's page and ran across yours, i can't resist looking at other people's blogs!! So I do not know where I have been, but I just wanted to say congrats and she is going to be a lucky girl!!

Brady and Berta said...

I am so excited for you and I can hardly wait to see her in all of those cute clothes!