Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BEWARE - What you see below may be disturbing!



Okay - so there is a funny story behind this. Derek bought a Speedo before our trip to Maui to wear underneath his boardshorts...he thought that it would dry faster than underwear. Not a bad idea in my opinion. But - this decision soon served to be a bad one once Cameron got his mits on that little black Speedo.

Also - Derek has this blue rash-guard top that he always wears when we are on vacation. Over the past few years it has become a bit of a joke between him and Cameron - when the rash guard comes out, you know you're really on vacation! :) (Do you like how in the picture it is also all dirty??!!).

One morning when in Hawaii, Derek, Sarah, Shane and Meredith left the condo early to go to the beach. Cameron, Carrie and I weren't ready to go yet...so we lagged behind. A while later, Carrie and I were just minding our own business getting ready for the beach and out comes Cameron from Sarah and Derek's room wearing nothing but the infamous Speedo and the too-small-for-him rash guard! We were laughing so hard that we were crying...we dared him to walk down the beach in it to look for the others.

Surprisingly, he agreed. So, we started at the end of Kaanapali beach (a very long beach that goes along the front of quite a few resorts - so there are always a fair amount of people on that beach.). He drug the boogie-boards behind him for effect and walked right in front of all the people until he saw the others in our party and walked right up to them, handed some sunscreen to Meredith and asked if she would put it on his (too-white!) thighs! I think they were all stunned. It was quite amusing...and a bit out of character for Cameron, which made it all that much more funny. Here are some pictures - Unfortunately for you readers (no offense Cam), these images will likely be burned in your memory for a while - so beware. A Speedo is just not flattering on any man - even a fine specimen such as my husband! LOL.


13 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Wow! Who's that hunk in the speedo? Oh, wait! That's my BROTHER! Gross Cam! You do have nice legs, though. Jared has threatened to do that for years. If he ever does you can bet on some pictures!

Julie said...

Thank you so much for the laugh! I really needed that today. I cannot believe Cameron actually did that. I guess, when in Hawaii...... wait, that doesn't work does it? You don't see Hawaiians walking around in speedos either. Hmmm...

Sarah said...

So did you remind Cameron that what happens in Maui doesn't always STAY in Maui... That is so hilarious I'm glad I got to laugh at him again!! Cute new blog background!

Tim and Connie said...

Nice legs Cam! I can't believe he was brave enough to walk on the beach! But it wasn't as risky as him wearing your bathing suit wrap your last trip with Carrie!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey Jenny! I'm so glad you found me! We are currently in Mesa waiting to head to Chicago in August. I would love to go to lunch. I'm so excited about your baby! I loved reading your blog. You are beautiful as always and I hope we can get together. Are you going to the reunion...:)

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing soo hard right now I'm crying...I don't know if I can ever look at him the same way....lol...

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Oh my word! I do not know what else to say! Should I show Ben your blog tonight??? I am trying to decide! Glad you had fun!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

OK, I'm laughing so hard. Definitely out of character for Cam! Reminds me of seeing Al's white legs when he wore his hot pants to the 80's valentine's dance... hmm I'm getting to know my friends' husbands a little too well... =)

Ali said...

Nice!!! My favorite is the last picture with the boogie boards. So funny.

Darbi & Chris said...

Ha HA HA HA! My goodness. I'm missing the funner side of life I guess. Bettered go get my hubby a speedo and see what kind of person it turns him into. Ha ha!
(BTW I'm cameron's cousin)

Anonymous said...

Cam...I hope you didn't use my socks too!!! I am formally requesting my items back. I will admit, you have bigger ...well never mind.

Derek

Emily Webb said...

I may have peed a little! Thant is so funny!

Tara Fisher said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Tell Cameron he looks dead sexy.