Saturday, May 3, 2008

LOVE!








For my birthday on April 8th, Cameron took me to Las Vegas for the weekend. He had to go for work anyway - so it worked out perfectly. He had meetings all day on Friday, so I just hung out by the pool at our Hotel (we stayed at the Monte Carlo this time), then that night we went to dinner at a chic new place in the Wynn - that I can't actually remember the name of now! :( But, it was really good!...and then we had tickets to Cirque Du Soleil, Beatles LOVE show! It was so great! It was all set to Beatles songs, and it was crazy dancing, acrobatics, etc, etc. It was a pretty amazing and very entertaining show. It was a fun little trip. (Yea, this picture of us at the show is really dark - so not great. But it is the only one we took!).



In the mean time - speaking of love!...we have been continuing to prepare for the baby. We finally hung her chandelier in her room and put together the crib. It took us a while because we put like three of the pieces in backwards at first! :( The baby is now due in about 5 weeks. As far as we know, everything is still on track and heading in the right direction. Our birthmom has started birthing classes with her mom as her partner and we have given her both our cell phone numbers so that she can call us as soon as she goes into labor and is admitted to the hospital. She has told us that she wants us to be there as soon as possible because she knows how excited we are to meet the baby (that was sweet of her). So, our plan is to just jump on a plane as soon as we can after she calls. Exciting! We're still just hoping and praying that everything goes as planned and that there aren't any last-minute issues or changes of heart.

Here is the chandelier - it looks a lot cuter in real life. The crystals and beads hanging off it are pink, clear and green.


















Here is Cameron putting together the crib...we started it pretty late at night, so he was kind-of frustrated and tired by the time we were done...as you may be able to tell from the look on his face. But, we did finally get it done and now I'm slowly but surely getting the bedding all ready and put together.

8 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I literally got chills reading your post (the stuff about the baby, of course!). I think I'm going to be bawling as much as you guys when you bring that sweet baby girl home! Your trip to Vegas looks like it was a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

The chandelier is amazing! So beautiful! And just so you know, I've put together several cribs....and it never gets easier!

Ali said...

yes, crib assembly day was not as fun as i had anticipated. I'm glad you did white, i wish i had. crazy that it is so close now!

Jess said...

So exciting!!! All of it. Nice escape to Vegas before the baby gets here... and then time for MORE fun!! Here room will be sooo cute!! let me know if you need anything!!

Kim said...

I hate the crib putting together stage too, in fact I got a friend to come put Ellie's together so I didn't have to. It is so exciting it's getting close. We will continue to pray that all goes well.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

yeah, you are alive...you suck at updating your blog :)
Its soooo fun to get ready for a baby!! Im glad you guys are doing that, you wont regret it!!!
And happy late birthday! Looks like you had fun!

see ya soon!

Tim and Connie said...

I am so excited for you guys to have a baby girl I can't even tell you... Our family has too many boys right now, we need more pink and flowers!(We all know Abbey doesn't quite fulfill that requirement) And I love how you guys put the crib up late at night. That brings back a lot of memories with being excited before Abbey came!

Ketchup & Greenie Beanies said...

That room is going to be GORGEOUS!!!! I want that chandelier for me! I love it!