Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mother's Day!

Mothers day was neat this year for a few reasons. My family celebrated a week early with our mom because she and my dad were in Washington D.C. on actual Mothers Day Weekend. We had a barbeque at mom and dad's house and opened gifts, etc.


I received my first Mother's Day gifts this year. My mom gave me a card and a gift certificate for a pedicure which was lovely (especially since I was leaving for Hawaii just a few days later)! Spencer (our birth mom) sent me a package which included a 25 minute video of an ultrasound of the baby set to music. It was so sweet - at one point you could see her sucking her thumb! It was so cute! She also sent me a book and a beautiful necklace shaped in a heart with diamonds around the outside. She really is a sweet girl.


On the actual weekend of Mothers Day, Cameron and I had decided to go to Pinetop to visit his mom's gravesite.
It turned out great because the rest of his family decided to come along as well - so we ended up going to the gravesite, cleaning up around it, planting some bulbs and seeds for flowers, since that cemetary does not have grass or flowers growing...We think that it will look really nice when these flowers grow in. Here are a couple of pictures.

3 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

That was a fun trip... I love it when everyone can be together:)

Kim said...

How sweet. I'm glad it was a nice Mother's day weekend. I thought of you and your family, hoping with the changes that have happened that you both would feel loved on this special day.

Tim and Connie said...

It was a busy mother's day month for you guys! I love how the birth mom gave you the necklace, it was really cute.