Monday, May 25, 2009

May - is it already over??

Hello, Everyone! Wow - I can't believe that May is already over...or almost. I mean - the weather definitely feels like summer time - but I feel like I am still 'reminding' myself to write 2009 on things rather than 2008 and here we are, already half way through the year!

A few updates on us for anyone who cares! ;) Stella is turning one in about two weeks which is bitter-sweet for Cameron and I. We love to watch her grow - but hate to see her grow-up, if that makes any sense. We can't believe that we've had her in our lives for a year - the best year of our lives. She is standing up and walking with the help of a hand on the furniture. But, no real steps yet. She also says several words - mama, dada, bye-bye, baby, what's that?. She has eight teeth! She's still tiny - only about 16 pounds, and she still has no hair - but she sure is cute!

Stella's one year old birthday also means that our 'year of waiting' is just about over and we can officially go back on the adoption list at LDS Family Services on June 8th (they make you wait one year from your placement date to get back on the eligibility list.). So - we are going to go back on right away in hopes of getting a second baby sometime soon!

Cameron is still plugging away at law school at night and working hard in the day. He is still traveling some and always has something going on for work! (which I am, of course, grateful for!). He totaled our Altima two weeks ago - he was fine. But, Halle (the car) is gone.

I am busy with Stella - she is a mover and a shaker - I don't think she has sat still for one moment since she was born! When she naps, I am always teaching my classes or answering the phone for my mom's law office. Also, Stella has really taken to swimming, so we are busy hanging out at the pool many days too! :) Not to mention my every-Thursday lunch date with my sisters and mom.

Other than that - pretty much same-old-thing. Here are a few recent pics!


Stella typing on dad's computer. It is her new favorite thing to do. She actually thinks she is typing and then will point at the screen.

Stella's birthmom came to visit a couple weekends ago. When Stella was placed with us, part of our agreement was that she could come in town for the blessing. That didn't work out, so she came this weekend instead. It was really nice to see her and we were happy that she got to see Stella growing up a happy, healthy, beautiful little girl in our family.We hope this helped her to feel some closure and security on her decision to place Stella.





My family on the day of our new nephew, Max's blessing.


Two of our nephews, Sam and Max on the day of Max's blessing. Aren't they cute?!


This is one of my favorite new pictures. Stella's grandma (my mom) made all three grand-daughters matching Easter dresses this year with the various color flowers to wear with them. It was so cute. We had to get some pictures of them all together.

6 comments:

Loni said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy! I love the family picture on the day Max was blessed. And the picture of all the little girls in their darling dresses! How fun!

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

I cannot believe Stella is nearly one already! WOW. Time really does fly, unfortunately. Love seeing the pics...

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Cam's car was named Halle?! What? I never knew that... that is so funny. So... was the car named after Halle Hada, or was she named after the car?!
Also, that's great you got to see the birthmom again. I bet she loved seeing how adorable Stella is and what a great family she has become a part of. So special.

CHRISTINE said...

How did I miss your new post? Cute pictures! Stella is too cute. I enjoyed having her here for a couple hours while you were in Vegas. We had a great time at the Keg with you guys! Also, swimming was great fun! See you at Stella's party.

Ali said...

Holy moly! Thats big - I will have to talk to you about her visit! So glad it went well. And Halle? Not your typical "car name"... you guys are hilarious! And fyi - we are not private anymore!

Tara said...

What's the name of your new car? I loved seeing you for a few minutes last month!