Sunday, October 7, 2007

I've Been Tagged (Cameron)

4 Jobs I’ve Had

Sentry Home Health: I delivered oxygen and medical supplies to the ailing residents of the White Mountains. It was a great job…probably my favorite. I had one lady put me in her will for an old T-bird. She wrecked the car a year later and I was out of luck.
Lens Crafters: I made glasses during my first year of college at MCC. If you want to pay homage to my early years, check out the store at Superstition Springs. Sadly, the Luby’s and the Cinnabon are no longer there. LensCrafters stands strong!
Direct Alliance: My closest experience to a real life Office Space! There is something magical about working out of a cubicle! Great job for a college student and I learned a lot about computers. The best part was messing around with the annoying callers.
Anasazi Group: Had to get a grown up job. I sell commercial roofing material. I love the job. I enjoy looking at all the new buildings with my roofing material on them. I have some pretty cool ones in Las Vegas!

4 Movies I Could Watch Over and Over

Disclaimer: I don’t really like to watch movies over and over…but if I had to, here are the ones I would choose:

1. Saving Private Ryan- Remember this movie Christine? This is the only movie I can say kept me on the edge of my seat. I was literally shoving popcorn in my mouth. I have a lot of respect for the soldiers in WWII. I guess the Army brat in me can relate to those men.
2. What About Bob- I can’t believe nobody else put this one in there. This is a great movie. Paging Dr. Leo Marvin…
3. Old School- This movie is hilarious. You can’t go wrong with Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell. Makes me laugh out loud. We need another funny movie to come out. On a serious note, I hope Owen is recovering nicely. We miss you buddy.
4. (Tie) Anything with Kirsten Dunst- There, I said it. Much to Jenny and Carrie’s chagrin, I am a bid Kirsten Dunst fan. I can’t really even say why. Much to my dismay, she did a turn of the century film (Marie Antoinette) which I refuse to see. I tell her sorry every time I pass the movie in Hollywood Video.
Two Weeks Notice- You are laughing because this movie is freaking funny. Hugh Grant is hilarious. I think this movie is great and it takes place in the best city in the world.

4 Places I Have Lived

Arizona
England
Georgia a.k.a. Hotlanta or PTC
California

4 of My Favorite Places to Visit

In order of importance. I take vacation seriously and expect those who travel with me to do the same. FYI: Carrie, you have passed the test.

1. MAUI. End of discussion. This place is paradise. If you don’t like Maui, I don’t like you. This place is perfect for me.
2. California- Another beach location. I prefer Orange County, but will go anywhere. Lately I have enjoyed San Clemente. It has the laid back feel yet lacks the hustle and bustle of Newport and Huntington. The beaches there are fantastic and it is close to Laguna. (Laguna beaches are the closest thing to Hawaii that I have found in California) I did get annoyed at the hippies, aggressive women and feminine men in the bay area. But California is great.
3. New York City- Wow. I haven’t even come close to scratching the surface here but it is a great place. It makes me feel proud to be an American. I think I’m a city boy at heart. I love the energy this place has. This is one place I would go just to grab a piece of pizza.
4. Hard to say…I have had some great trips to Boston, Kennebunkport, Napa Valley, Chicago, Destin (Florida) and there are many places I want to see. That being said, number 4 would have to be London. Another great city with an amazing energy. I had a lot of fun on the streets of London.

4 Favorite Desserts

1. Lemon Meringue Pie- Reminds me of being a kid. I love lemon desserts. The crust is important in this dessert. By the way, I am telling you, The Coffee Shop in Agritopia makes unbelievable pies. The cherry pie there is the best I have ever had. Worth every penny. (That’s saying a lot, one slice is $7.00)
2. Ice Cream- I love ice cream. Chubby Hubby from Ben and Jerry’s is probably my favorite.
3. Cheescake- This might sound weird, but I love the Jello No Bake one the best.
4. Cookies- I love cookies. Any type. These also remind me of being a kid.

Honorable Mention: Lime Mr. Misty Freeze from the DQ in Show Low. Preferably made by Christine. I probably cost Christine $15 bucks a week for all the free ones she gave me.

4 Websites I Visit Daily

ESPN.com
AzCentral.com
Google
Expedia and Southwest. Always looking for the next vacation.

4 Favorite Dinners

1. Spaghetti- Jenny makes a mean spaghetti that taste’s like Mom’s. I agree with Connie, spaghetti tastes better if you don’t make it yourself. I also only like spaghetti that is made at home. I never order spaghetti in restaurants.
2. Steak- I prefer the top sirloin cut. I know most steak connoisseurs would frown upon this admission, but to me it has the most flavor and the least amount of fat. Medium well please.
3. Chicken Enchilladas- Mom’s method isn’t my favorite to be honest. I prefer red sauce. I love chicken enchiladas. Tia Rosa’s are the best by a long shot.
4. Bacon, Eggs and Toast. I think this stems from eating the “Captains Special” at the Best Western Hotel Circle in San Diego. I love bacon eggs and toast. No matter how dodgy the restaurant is, they can’t mess up this delectable treat.

Honorable Mention: Cheesburgers and Grimaldi’s Pizza.

4 Hobbies

Playing Guitar- I thought I would be so much better by this point. It is safe to say I am NOT a natural at this, but I have fun.
Golf- I have played a lot more golf recently. It is a lot of fun.
Gardening- Does this make me gay? I ask myself this question from time to time. I really like creating a comfortable space around my house. All the gardens in England are to blame. England is such a gray place and all the flowers were such a welcome sight. This last winter did a number on our backyard and I am still recovering.
Vacationing- There are many reasons for this. I think a vacation once a quarter is mandatory.

5 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

Cameron,
You are hilarious! I am so glad I've passed the vacationing test... I get worried because without Aucker doing stupid stuff that makes us laugh at him, I worry that I am boring! FYI: I am still saving money for our next Maui trip. Also, you've reminded me of those amazing breakfast meals at the Best Western... I can't remember the name (it had "Captain" in it), but I would get the best french toast there! I think I'm going to attempt to make a pizza like Grimaldi's one of these days, and you and Jenny are invited. I'll let you know!
By the way, I am almost finished with your picture!! Thank goodness for conference! Love you, Carrie.

CHRISTINE said...

So happy to see that you have updated! Thanks. What a joy it was reading your answers! You are quite the writer, Cameron. I can't believe I didn't think of What About Bob!! That is a good one. Problem is I don't really watch movies over and over either. (Napoleon and Nacho are ones Jared watches and I'm there) I do remember Saving Private Ryan...intense. I love you very much and am happy to have you as my brother.

Tim and Connie said...

You make me laugh! I enjoyed reading about you even though I knew everything already. It is fun to read your wording on the subjects. I'm looking forward to reading Jenny's if she does one (no pressure Jenny I know you are busy with 7 classes!).

CHRISTINE said...

How are you, Son? I hope you're having a great day! See you at the Francom's party!!

The Garrido's said...

Cameron, Its been a very long time since I have seen you and your beautiful wife. She probably doenst even remember me or anything, but you guys look so happy. Its good to see you Happy!! Hope you are doing well, and have a Merry Christmas!!

Love your Cousin,

Holly