Wednesday, August 20, 2008

California - Here we come X2!



This last month both my family and Cameron's family decided to go to California for a little get-away. So, we packed up Stella and headed over there (Orange County) three weekends ago with my family...it was over Cameron's birthday (31 years old!!), so he got to spend his birthday in the nice weather. We mostly just hung out, shopped (we stayed at the Westin that is basically connected to South Coast Plaza - so some shopping couldn't be avoided!). We ate out, took walks, went to the pool at the hotel, etc. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Unfortunately, as soon as I got there I realized that I had forgotten to bring my camera - so I don't have any pictures of the weekend.

Then, this last weekend, we went over again with Cameron's family this time. (All his sisters and their spouses and kids). We all went to Disneyland on Friday which was fun, although a bit hot, and we did Newport Beach on Saturday. The weather was perfect and Stella did very well on both trips.

Here are some pictures of this weekend with Cameron's family...By the way, Carrie and her friend Johnny were there too - but somehow, I didn't end up with any pictures of them! Sorry, Carrie!




Christine (Cameron's sister) and me with Luke and Stella.


Connie, Tim and Abbey at dinner on the last night we were there.

Christine and Jared with Wyatt and Luke
Me and Stella at the beach. Okay - I tried to rotate this picture like 50 times and for some reason it won't stick...so then I tried to just remove it from the post and I couldn't make that work either! So, here you go - a sideways picture of us!
Stella all tuckered out after the beach!
Cameron and Wyatt at dinner.
Cameron and Jared at Disneyland with a not-so-happy Stella and Luke. It was really hot in the afternoon! :(
Cameron and Stella at Disneyland
Baby Stella in the evening at Disneyland...it was perfect because her stroller is one that has the infant 'bassinet' system with it - so she basically thought she was at home in bed! ;) Isn't she cute in her little hat?

8 comments:

Chris and Tenielle said...

You guys seem like you're having so much fun. I wish I could be in AZ to see Stella get bigger. She has already gotten so big and pretty. :)

Carrie Elder said...

I didn't get to spend much time with you guys it feels like! I will make it up next vacay: ) Stella is such a pretty baby! I have some pictures of her on the beach I will have to send you.

CHRISTINE said...

Love it! Stella really was such a good girl this trip. Jenny, she is truly adorable...and pretty! I am sure she was the best dressed baby at Disneyland. Too cute! I love the pictures you got. Why does Luke always try to poke other babies eyes? I am already looking forward to a Hawaii trip without kids sometime! (But Stella can come because she's perfect) Love you guys and I am so glad you came to CA.

Nathan and Jordan said...

Jenny! I wish that I knew you were out here! I live in Seal Beach just north of Hungtington. Anyways e-mail me! I need to get your # my e-mail is jordan@rusty.com
xoxo

Julie said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while - it was fun catching up on what you guys have been up to. Stella is so adorable! What a fun summer you've been having.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey Jenny! She is so cute. Love the beach pics and I'm lovin her hat and headbands.

jes said...

she is so cute! you have some really great pictures of her and your little family.

Tim and Connie said...

We had lots of fun! Glad you guys came to Disneyland... that was my highlight... riding the rides with both of you! And laughing at Cameron hurting his ribs... sorry brother!! Stella was so good to just hang out and sleep in her stroller, shes too cute!