Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sin City!...


...Las Vegas is called Sin City, isn't it?...After I wrote that I thought it seemed weird. Anyway - Apparently Cameron and I (and Stella of course!) have become quite the travelers the last while. This past weekend we went to Las Vegas. It is part of Cameron's territory for work, so he is there at least once a month, but usually I don't tag along.

This time, though, Stella and I decided to come with - we had a real Las Vegas wedding to attend in a wedding chapel down by the strip and everything! I knew that would be interesting and worth witnessing!...and we also wanted to see our friends Jeremy and Bree and their son Buddy (genious boy who started reading at age one and that is not a joke) and their new little girl, Lulu who is now Stella's friend! :)

We got there Friday morning - Cameron had a couple of meetings - so Stella and I spent a bit of time in Fashion Show Mall. Then we ventured out to North Las Vegas where Jeremy and Bree live. Cameron dropped Stella and I off there for an afternoon nap (her not me...) and he headed back out to finish working for the day. That evening when Cameron and Jeremy came home from work, the four of us went out to Okada - an Asian restaurant in the Wynn - and got some yummy dessert there in the Wynn as well after dinner. We then came back home because Jeremy's brother was watching all three of the kids! (Stella was asleep the whole time - I knew she would be of course - thanks to her Baby Wise schedule! LOL.) We had a great time.


On Saturday Cameron and Jeremy went out and got massages and pedicures while Bree and I watched the kids in the morning...Yeah, I know - the world has definitely gone sideways. Then, in the afternoon, they watched the kids while we went and got pedicures and did a bit of shopping.

That night Cameron and I (and Stella) went to a real Las Vegas wedding in a wedding chapel for Cameron's friend James. The minister was a woman wearing pants who was 30 minutes late for the wedding...the bride wore what I can only describe as a mini-dress, there was a live feed to their relatives in Texas which they asked the whole congregation to wave to during the ceremony. Anyway, you get the picture! It was quite interesting and kind of fun in a kitchy kind of way. Stella was certainly the star of the show - more people were taking pictures of her than I can remember! These are all people who don't even know us, mind you! It was funny.

Anyway - here are a few pictures of the weekend...

Stella looking a bit tired! This was the day we were leaving to come home...Maybe she was tuckered out from the wedding the night before!~ :)


Jenny and Bree at dinner.




Cameron and Jeremy in the Wynn - Jeremy is showing off his infamous bracelet.

Stella (right) with her new BFF, Lulu (left). They look ready to hit the road!

Stella and Lauren (or Lulu, or Lewis - depending on who you are!), taking a look at each other. They really did stare at each other for a long time!

Me and Cam out to dinner...it felt weird to be out without Stella!...but we had a good time.

8 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

What an adventure...no pictures of the wedding and couple? :) How fun that you all got to go. How could everyone not love Stella!? What a doll..even when she's crying. So glad Babywise is working for you guys. Let's get together soon. Love you. Oh, and tell "Matthew" that I forgot to give him that diffuser...dangit! I will get it to him.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

jenny, she is Sooooo cute! looks like you are having a blast :)

Anonymous said...

Cute baby, Jenny! Since today is the first day of school out East, I'm taking time to look around at blogs... something I haven't done in a while. I'm glad I found yours! How are things? Where are you living? What are you doing?

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

These are great pics. STella is getting so big already! Crazy. You look fabulous by the way! Glad you guys got to have a night out without Stella. We rarely do- mostly because we're too cheap to pay a babysitter on the weekends considering how much we pay during the week- but it's always nice to have a quiet night! You have an adorable family.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

STELLA IS SO CUTE!!!!!!! WE CAN'Y WAIT TO SEE HER!!!!!

Tara Fisher said...

What a fun trip! Okay you guys have been doing so many fun things lately. Stella is so stinkin cute. I love that she made a friend with LuLu......Stella and LuLu are the cutest names ever!

Nathan and Jordan said...

Jenny I love you hair color! It's super cute on you :)

mom4jules said...

I am so happy for you guys! Stella is beautiful! Don;t you just love little girls?!